Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Teaching Sophie to "Come"...


Trying to teach 6 month old Sophie (here're Sophie and Vern in a discussion about the Milk Bones) to "come". It's not working. "Get in the house! Hurry, hurry, hurry!" works. Not come. She's learned to sit. I've had dogs all my life. I've housebroken a hundred if I've housebroken one. I've had dogs I could take anywhere and dogs whom I've shown. This one's a challenge. She has six doting canines, and three doting cats who think she's one of them. Dottie (a cat) is sure she's a dog, and so all of the dogs think so, too. So I think Sophie's bonded with the dogs and cats more than me.

"Come, Soph," and Soph turns and goes the other way. Not fast, but enough to let me know, "Are you kidding me?" So I'm trying the Grandmother's approach, with food. Bribing is good and I think in the last couple of days, she's become more eager. She's a little finicky. I can't keep canned pears in my pocket, can I? (Yeah, pears over hamburger - go figure.)

Here's my point. If you're a dog owner, try this blog out and tell me how you like him.

http://amazingdogtrainingman.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Todd said...

Hope you get the doggy trained just the way you want. My sister, many years ago was a dog trainer.