Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Earth Justice Hates Coal

Yeah. I know mining, and particularly strip mining are disastrous. But when I was growing up,
Christy DeForest delivered anthracite and we were warm and toasty in those cold New York winters.

My aunt burned pea coal. Christy delivered that, too. And in the summers when I was a really little girl, he and the family delivered ice! What a relic I am.

The technology is available to burn coal in a clean, efficient manner. It would put thousands to work in "clean" jobs.

It is a huge strategic resource, and it's ours. If the technology isn't good enough, invent and produce something that can utilize this resource well.

It's a good thing to subscribe to these newsletters, even if you are in opposition.

I hate to look at photos of strip mines. I wish coal miners, those brave souls, didn't have it so hard; that they could work underground without fear of fires and collapses or blacklung.

But it is an important energy source, and I think we should be doing something to make it work...for us. Now.

http://action.earthjustice.org/



Bookmark and Share

No comments: