Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Victoria Strauss's Writer Beware Blog

http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2008/09/victoria-strauss-authonomy-slushkiller.html

I'm thinking of posting my novel, "The Ladies of the Guild" on www.authonomy.com. I am curious about how it will be accepted - it's chick lit (not for the guys). I may just do it today.

Similar sites have tried and though they haven't really failed, lacked some luster. But this is a Harper Collins endeavor, and maybe they'll cast a kindly eye if I get this novel read.

It has something for every woman - including a Bloodhound detective named "Hoover", and a muscle car named "Peggy Sue", complete with fuzzy dice. So if you're included, pop over and see if I have taken the leap.

That novel was amazing to write. The characters were born on the page, and stepped off, stood behind me, and dictated every word. I just transcribed their conversations.

With four women, all writers, you can bet there's a lot of conversation.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: