Search This Blog

Showing posts with label Michigan. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Michigan. Show all posts

Monday, May 20, 2013

JUDGE MUZZLES SPEECH OF CHRISTIANS - BUT ARAB FESTIVAL VIOLENCE IS OK




Law enforcement officers intervened, but instead of arresting anyone in the mob they warned the Christians to cease their activities or be arrested.

The judge ruled that the mob violence justified the intervention by the officers against the Christians. See the WorldNetDaily story below (highlights added).

In other words, because the Muslim mob reacted angrily with violence, the officers had a duty to muzzle the speech rather than stop the violence.

Stunning.


The message is loud and clear: If you are a Muslim, and you object to speech you don’t like, you can react with violence, because government authorities will reward your violence by muzzling the speech you don’t like.
Please join us in fighting back to defend our First Amendment right to freedom of speech by signing our open letter to Congress and the state legislatures.

We’ve declared September 25th to be “Freedom of Speech Day.” September 25th is the 224th anniversary of congressional passage of the Bill of Rights.

Find out more about “Freedom of Speech Day” activities and how you can host a “Freedom of Speech Day” event in your community.





WND EXCLUSIVE

JUDGE GOES OFF DEEP END TO SHUT UP CHRISTIANS

Suppression of speech fine if Muslims threaten violence

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/judge-lets-muslim-violence-silence-christians/


A federal judge has issued a startling ruling that suppressing Christian speech is allowed when Muslims threaten violence because they’re upset over the message.

The ruling from Judge Patrick J. Duggan in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan granted Wayne County’s motion for summary judgment of a lawsuit brought by a team of Christians who were badgered, bullied and targeted with garbage thrown by Muslims who disliked their message at last year’s Arab Fest in Dearborn, Mich.

Officials with American Freedom Law Center, who have been arguing the case on behalf of the Christians, also said the judge denied AFLC’s motion requesting that the court issue an order preventing the Wayne County Sheriff and his deputies from restricting the Christian evangelists from displaying their banners and signs on the public sidewalks outside of this year’s Arab Festival.

It is scheduled for June.

In his ruling, Duggan said, “The court finds that the actual demonstration of violence here provided the requisite justification for [the Wayne County sheriffs'] intervention, even if the officials acted as they did because of the effect the speech had on the crowd.”

The case had been filed by the AFLC after several Christian evangelists were violently assaulted by a hostile Muslim mob while preaching at the festival last year in Dearborn, which has the largest concentration of Muslims in the United States.

The lawsuit, which will be appealed to a higher court, alleged the county, sheriff and deputies refused to protect the Christians from the attack, and they threatened to arrest the Christians for disorderly conduct if they did not halt their speech activity and immediately leave the festival area.

Robert Muise, AFLC co-founder and senior counsel, said, “The First Amendment was dealt a severe blow today as a result of this ruling. Indeed, this ruling effectively empowers Muslims to silence Christian speech that they deem offensive by engaging in violence. And pursuant to this ruling, the Christian speakers are now subject to arrest for engaging in disorderly conduct on account of the Muslim hecklers’ violent response to their speech. In short, this ruling turns the First Amendment on its head.”

David Yerushalmi, AFLC co-founder and senior counsel, added: “This fight for our fundamental right to freedom of speech does not stop here. We have filed an immediate appeal of this ruling to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. While Judge Duggan may have been the first judge to rule on this issue, he won’t be the last. Indeed, we are prepared to take this case to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary because it is imperative that our free speech rights not be subject to mob rule. This is the United States, not Benghazi.”

WND previously reported on the case several times.

The violence developed at the 2012 events when Christian evangelists walking on public sidewalks surrounding the event while carrying signs with biblical messages were assaulted with stones, bottles and debris by attendees of the festival.

The signs that brought on the attack included “Know the God of the Bible” and “Trust Jesus.”

Several of the Christian demonstrators walked away bruised and bloodied from the attack. Ruben Israel, the leader of the group, pleaded with law enforcement officials to intervene so that the demonstration could continue peacefully.

However, the officer refused and demanded the Christians leave the premises or face arrest for disorderly conduct.

Shortly after, Israel contacted AFLC, which filed a federal lawsuit against Wayne County and several officials from the Wayne County sheriff’s office. AFLC charged that the officers failed to uphold their constitutional duty to protect the Christians.

A video has been released of the 2012 confrontation that explains authorities not only failed to protect the Christians, they ordered them to leave the Arab festival under threat of arrest for “disorderly conduct.”

However, not one Muslim was arrested for the attack, which left several members of the Christian group injured, the video says.

The video, and a related complaint, showed the crowd – reminiscent of a rock-throwing “intifada” scene from the Middle East – hurling a dizzying barrage of objects at the Christians, who were standing passively with their signs.

WND later learned that the Christian crowd had been carrying a pole with a pig’s head attached to the top, further angering the Muslim crowd. At the beginning of the video, Christian street preachers shout, “God is good, and God is not Allah!”

A the 2:17 mark of the video, the mob can be heard screaming: “You want to jump ‘em? C’mon, let’s go!”

One boy yells, “Let’s beat the sh-t out of them!”

A girl shouts, “Go home! Do you understand English?!”

Despite the attacks the Christians endured, a man identified in the video as Deputy Chief Dennis Richardson of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office tells them, “You’re a danger to the safety right now.”

Officers claim they don’t have the manpower to protect the Christians at the festival.

“Your safety is in harm’s way. You need to protect everybody,” said Deputy Chief Mike Jaafar of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office. “You do have the option to leave. I just want to make that clear.”

Israel replied, “You have the option to stand with us” as Jaafar walked away, leaving the Christians to the mob.

When police leave, the crowd continues harassing the Christians and screaming profanities.

Then police begin escorting the Christians away from the crowd.

Richardson tells Israel: “We have the responsibility of policing the entire festival, and obviously your conduct is such that it’s causing a disturbance and is a direct threat to the safety of everyone here. Someone could get hurt. You already have blood on your face. One of the festival people, one of my officers, anybody can get hurt. Now we’re going to escort you out.”

Israel explains that the mob throws things and becomes more aggressive when police leave the scene.

“Part of the reason that they throw things on someone is because you tell them stuff that enrages them,” Richardson argues.

AFLC said the Christians were wearing shirts with Scripture quotes and Christian messages.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you receive all of your messages from ACT for America. Add actforamerica@donationnet.net to your address book as an approved email sender. If you found this message in your "Bulk" or "Spam" folder, please click the "Not Spam" button to notify your provider that these are emails you want to receive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACT for America
P.O. Box 12765
Pensacola, FL 32591
www.actforamerica.org

Monday, February 11, 2013

THE CONSTITUTION REPEALED IN TEN STATES (


The Constitution repealed in ten states

Your Constitutional Rights have been repealed in ten states.
 
No, this isn’t a joke.   It is not exaggeration or hyperbole.  If you are in ten states in the United States, some of your rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights have been made null and void.
 
And it is not just those ten states.  Those are just the states where everyone who lives in those states has lost some of their Constitutional Rights.  The sad truth is that there are only fourteen states where this stripping of the rights of American citizens has not yet happened.

What is going on?
The government has declared a one hundred mile zone around the United States borders to be a part of the border zone exception from the Fourth Amendment’s freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. 
 
The Fourth Amendment states: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
 
Historically there has always been an exemption from the 4th Amendment requirement; i.e.,  at the nation’s border.  This is the so-called border search exception to the Fourth Amendment.  Now the Department of Homeland Security is claiming the right to search electronic devices such as cell phones, laptops and tablet computers without a warrant or even any probable cause within that 100-mile zone.
 
If you live in Hawaii, or Maine, or New Hampshire, or Massachusetts, or Delaware or Rhode Island or Connecticut or Florida or Michigan, or New Jersey, congratulations, you live in a 4th Amendment-free zone !  It does not matter where you go in your state, the Department of Homeland Security can come in and demand to search your electronic devices.  They do not need any probable cause.
 
They can search you for the hell of it.
 
Those states listed are only the ones are totally covered by these “border security” search zones.  Other states like New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia have massive parts of their state that are covered by this too. 
 
This is a Constitution free zone.
 
Who is responsible for this outrage?
 
The Obama Regime is responsible of course, because Obama is currently in power.  Unfortunately this outrage started when George W. Bush was still in the White House. 
 
The language of the 4th Amendment is clear.  It is the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects from unreasonable searches and seizures. 
 
The government still has the right to search a laptop or a cell phone if the agents have probable cause and get a warrant or if they have probable cause and there are exigent circumstances. Electronic devices are the 21st century equivalent of papers and are certainly our effects. 
 
If the Department of Homeland Security can search someone’s cell phone or laptop without a warrant or even probable cause because you are within 100 miles of the border, what is next?  Will the government start saying that if you live within 100 miles of the border, the Department of Homeland Security because of the border search exception to the Fourth Amendment now has the right to search cars and homes without either a warrant or even probable cause?
 
This is insanity and it must stop. 
 
Where is the Tea Party Caucus in the House of Representatives?  Why aren’t they screaming about this desecration of the Constitution?    Republicans should be the first to the floor of the House and Senate denouncing this and introducing legislation to rein in the Department of Homeland Security.
 
Will this happen anytime soon?
 
Don’t hold your breath.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

VOTER FRAUD BY WAY OF COUSIN TOM. HIS COMMENTS FOLLOW, AND YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES OR EARS AS YOU WATCH THE VIDEO

I knew it was bad, but this is just incredible!! Makes me question why I spent 27 years in the military.

It's not who votes that count, it's who counts the votes is so yesterday. Today 'anyone' can vote 1,000's of times if you want to get creative:



RON PAUL: THE ONLY GOP PRIMARY CANDIDATE WHO CALLS FOR ELIMINATING FEDERAL DEPARTMENTS

http://www.conservativeactionalerts.com/2012/02/ron-paul-only-gop-primary-candidate-who-calls-for-eliminating-federal-departments/

And when you see the next entry here, which will be my last one for the night because this absolutely makes me furious, you'd better understand that great, no, meticulous vigilance has to be part of the presidential election...you want to see voter fraud made easy? Go to Michigan.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday, April 24, 2011

TODAY IS EASTER, AND MANY OF US ALL OVER THE WORLD CELEBRATE KINDNESS, COMPASSION, REDEMPTION IN A TRIUMPH OVER DEATH

All of us have seen the depictions of Christ, a gentle man, surrounded by animals, often carrying a lamb, children, disciples who is the symbol of Christianity, a man of miracles, the epitome of purity and goodness; who would never harm an innocent. Today the Resurrection is celebrated worldwide - the triumph of good over evil, eternal life after death.

And then when I booted up the computer, and the CNN page came up, a video caught my eye.

It was an undercover video taken at a calf ranch in Texas and the vicious cruelty meted out on these innocent animals destined for your table by cruel men without souls. What is it in their mental and emotional makeup that makes cruelty all right?

There are several agricultural states and a Senator (scroll through the blog - you will see the entry about photographing cruelty at ranches, farms, labs and puppy mills and making whistleblowing a felony) from Michigan, I think, who are prepared to lobby for this victory. Florida is one of them.

What you are about to see is so graphic that the tv reporter couldn't allow most of it to be viewed.

I just watched the first minute and burst into tears and sobbing. I have been fortunate enough to have kept livestock in my care since the 1970s. I'm sick about this.

Even if you are not inclined to act on behalf of animal welfare, this is YOUR food supply.

There is a humane way of ending the life of a suffering animal by way of a merciful bullet.

These people are barbarians.

DO NOT LET CHILDREN WATCH THIS VIDEO.
IT IS MUCH TOO DISTURBING.

TOLL FREE TO CONGRESS IS 1-877-851-6437 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-877-851-6437 end_of_the_skype_highlighting


Saturday, October 9, 2010

MENOMONEE COUNTY, MICHIGAN - WHAT IS THAT CRACK IN THE EARTH?

http://www.ehextra.com/main.asp?SectionID=12&SubSectionID=35&ArticleID=8713

Looks like a faultline to me!

Reminds me of an Amazon Shorts (now defunct) short story I wrote called "The Strange Adventure of Vernal Page"...It starts (remember - this is copyrighted material and you may NOT publish or use any part of it without my express release and permission):

I was brushing my granddaughter’s hair on the porch steps when the earth gulped for air and swallowed old Vernie Page in mid-stride while he read the morning headlines. The roar was deafening as the dirt and sand buckled and the road disappeared in a woeful “O”. It shook the houses and rattled the windows. It felt like the California earthquake in 1971.

That's scary, Michigan. Let me know what it turns out to be. Old Vernie Page had a tough time getting out of a tight place in that sinkhole. In your case, pardon me, but the earth cracked a smile. A really long smile.

Watch the dogs and kidlets don't fall in and get swallowed up, too.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Michigan - a gun control story...

http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2009/2/27/215930/900