Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

15% ETHANOL? TELL FL GOV. SCOTT NOT TO SIGN MANDATORY LEGISLATION AND TAKE OUR CHOICE AWAY

I have just heard that you are considering signing a bill to prohibit unleaded gasoline and instead, make it mandatory to purchase 15% ethanol mix for Florida fuel usage.

I cannot believe you would sign such a burdensome bill and saddle seniors with older cars (I am 70, and my van is a 1996 model) who may, like me, are unable to purchase any vehicle at any price.  This is very discriminatory to the taxpayers.  What happened to choice?

You need to educate yourself on the dangers of ethanol to the internal combustion engines.  From lawnmowers and chainsaws to automobiles, it kills the engines. 












Here's a copy of my email to Scott of this a.m.  As soon as I heard about it - I sat down and sent it, and if you are concerned, you should, too.





To make a gallon of ethanol, it takes 7,000 gallons of precious water.  Corn/grain based ethanol removes food from growing livestock to feed our country.

What is the matter with you?

I will not vote for you if you do that; neither will a majority of Bay County.  You are losing your base here, and the Republicans are a questionable lot when it comes to smart, common sense decisions on legislation.

Always remember you serve at our pleasure.  Do the right thing and do NOT
force this upon Floridians.  I am copying this and sending it on through blogs, tweets and emails.

It is outrageous that you would even consider this legislation.  It belongs in your trash can.  It is just another indication of how easily you are bent by lobbyists.

No comments: