Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

TUMORS LINKED TO GENETICALLY MODIFIED CORN - HOW MUCH CORN/CORN BASED FOOD IS YOUR FAMILY, YOUR PETS, YOUR LIVESTOCK EATING?

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/tumors-linked-to-genetically-modified-corn.html

If you have family pets, including birds, demand the corn be labeled GM or not.  What's in the feed you're giving your livestock?  Your dogs?  Cats?

I just recently found that my dogs' poor coat and skin allergies stem from corn based food, in this case, the product I've used since I was 19.  Fifty years of buying Purina products (even chicken feed) who uses corn as the main ingredient on the green bag.  50 years!  Up until maybe 12 years ago, maybe not that long, the extruded pellets changed shape, it had a new, good taste, and my dogs began to look a little dull. 

Less than a month ago I switched dog food.  I sat in on a presentation by a Nutro salesman because I worked for a pet shop chain.  He made sense.  But I still believed in the old green bag.

One of my little ones had severe itching and chewing, and his skin lost a lot of hair and in places darkened and thickened.  He was also allergic to fleas.  Funny, since I started feeding Nutro, the two worst victims of skin allergies have grown hair, and Sophie, a Boston, has a shiny coat.  In fact, all of them look better, eat less and they aren't keeping me up scratching at night.

Today I looked up Google images for Purina skin allergies in dogs.

I was horrified. 

So I am going to write a letter to Purina. 

This corn nonsense - no, not nonsense, it's tragic - that the food we think is raised with high standards, is literally killing us.  If you've read this blog you know how I feel about genetically modified seed and feed.
Obama loves it.
Hey, if it kills us, that's less people on Obamacare.  Saves him a death panel session.

Think of what just this one item - corn - is doing to you.

Eat safe.




No comments: