Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND THE PATRIOT ACT VOTE OF TWO DAYS AGO -

Do I think the entire Patriot Act should be trashed? Indeed I do.

Rep. Steve Southerland from FL was on the Burnie Thompson show today, explaining why he voted the way he did. It was acceptable, BUT...why not dismantle it NOW? There were three points to be voted on, none of which (apparently) concern American citizens. However, would it not make more sense to kill that bill now, disbanding Homeland Security who is occupying our streets and cities with surveillance, close the Mexican/US border tight than a drum for starters and come up with better suggestions to be voted on later in the year when it comes up for vote again?

I am thinking Burnie will have this interview up on his site, which I believe you can reach easily on Facebook, and I think you can also reach him through WYOO, Panama City, FL.

I want to thank Representative Southerland for his explanation, and his cooperation with those who voted for him in Bay County by keeping his promise to come back and have these "town meetings" on the radio with Thompson. It is appreciated very much.

No comments: