Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

I WANT TO PLUG SOMEONE ELSE'S CHILDRENS BOOKS

Mathew Reinhart and Robert Sabuda collaborate to make some of the most outstanding pop-up books for children (and adults as a collector's item) I've ever seen. I've loved pop-ups and I think I have one still of Raggedy Ann and Andy.

I have given my granddaughter two. The latest was Reinhart's "Jungle Book" for her birthday It is full of pop-ups, feats of amazing paper engineering. The story of course, is adapted from Rudyard Kipling's book of the same name. Happily, she is an avid reader. (Grandma's real happy about that.)

Sher-Khan, the tiger was so entrancing to her that she folded her hand into a fist and put it in his mouth. There are central pop-ups with many, many layers and in the corners, pockets of more pop-ups.

So if you have a child (or an adult) who: Love books and love art, these books are the perfect
gift. They do have a WOW factor!

My grandson has a fascination for sharks, and that's what he'll be getting for this birthday later this spring.

You can find them on Amazon or in your local bookstores.

http://www.amazon.com/Jungle-Book-Adventure-Classic-Collectible/dp/1416918248/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297713535&sr=1-8

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=robert+sabuda&x=0&y=0

No comments: