Search This Blog

Friday, November 7, 2008

Obama and homeschooling...

http://obamastatesofamerica.com/2008/08/18/obama-on-homeschooling/

I truly wish every child in the United States would be pulled from public school and homeschooled.

Something happened just after my child graduated from high school. It has been a slow but steady decline in the quality of textbooks; the dilution of the knowledge in textbooks.

My son had a friend whose mother was in the educational textbook business. We had several conversations on this, and this was the first I had heard of the dumbing down of American children so that eventually they would become mindless and ignorant, so that when the government tells them what to do, they will do it. Anything. They will be conditioned to not question, to expect the government to give them their living, to have low expectations, acquiesce, to be controlled, and to "spy" on their families.

I knew there was a problem; she identified it.

When I read the preceding entry over, it gave me chills.

Is this what we want for our future?


Bookmark and Share

No comments: