Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tonight's VP Debates

are going to be hosted by Gwen Ifill of PBS. The problem for me is that she is very pro-Obama, and she has written a book that will be out shortly; just after the election, I think. She stands to gain a great deal from this tonight.

To me, it's a big conflict of interest, and an impropriety.

If you try to contact anyone here: http://www.debates.org/index.html, the organization who is in charge of such debates, you will find that there is no contact available. Why is this so?

I think that's wrong. In recent history, there have been several candidates shunned by the media and/or not admitted to the debates, despite being on the ballot. The first experience I had was with a "local" candidate, Charles Collins, a fine man and a great patriot. He came to Bay County several times and I was covering his candidacy for a local newspaper. At all debates, this wonderful, strong, Presidential man was not even allowed to speak because he was a "minor" candidate.

My son was in the Navy then, in Bahrain. It was around the time the Khobar Towers went down. My son worked for Admiral Tom Fargo as Yeoman then and questioned why the men and women stationed there were not getting guns from the armory. Fargo told him it wouldn't matter; there was no ammunition available. That really stuck in my craw. (Oh, and for your information, Bahrain allows the American flag only to be flown on the Fourth of July. Neat, huh?)

Had Charles Collins been allowed to speak, we may have had a true American at the helm. And I would not have feared for my son's safety. For sure, our flag would have been flying on a daily basis at the base.

Though Ron Paul was at the debates, he was for the most part ignored.

I am very afraid this will be a dog and pony show tonight. Ifill will be swooning over Obama.

I doubt it will be fair. This is flagrant self-promotion, which, for an author, is a great thing.

In this case, that's wrong. The moderator should be entirely neutral, but of course, that's how it would be in a perfect world, without media control of government and the masses.


THANKS TO MY FRIEND WHO PASSED THE INFORMATION ON TO ME IN AN EMAIL, THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS DECLARED THIS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST AS WELL, AND HERE'S THE LINK WHERE YOU CAN COMPLAIN! http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/index.html


Digg!

No comments: