The best report is the first report; it contains the least spin or bias.
· 3:30 AM.
· Store door closed.
· Customer is known to clerk(s)
· Customer will not leave property
· Clerk opens door to speak with customer.
· Customer punches clerk.
o Clerk states he saw weapons on customer’s cousins and feared for his life.
· Clerk shoots customer.
o Customer’s two cousins fire three shots into store.
o This is not reported again.
§ What is the status of these individuals being charged with a crime?
§ Were the weapons properly registered?
§ What are the carry laws in Houston TX?
· Father of customer states clerk should never have opened bullet proof glass door, making it all the clerk’s fault.
· Community activists state clerk opened door to justify shooting customer.
o Activists demand clerk be fired.
It gets politicized after that.
The first report indicates the black activist community will retaliate if the clerk remains employed. Why is this not a Federal Civil Rights issue at this juncture?
The other part of story we have not been hearing: this clerk fired a weapon into the air last year. I suppose this makes him some sort of criminal, even though charges were not filed.