Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

HAVE YOU LOST A PARROT? WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP THEM FIND THEIR WAY HOME?

http://www.parrotalert.com/links.php

Hookbills are wonderful companions, but that birdy on your shoulder can escape through an open door or window, chew out of its aviary or pick the lock on the cage and leave. When I had my Moluccan, Muriko, she would occasionally leave her cagetop playpen and climb the hardward cloth enclosed porch. Regular screen was too flimsy. Then she's start chewing the framing. She could have zipped through the hardware cloth if she had wanted to.

Here's an organization that through geotracking can alert you. You can volunteer. Sort of like geocaching.

Sounds like fun.

Oh. And I also had a blue crowned conure who was Muriko's companion. Ricky shared her playpen and big cage.

One day I heard another conure in the trees in the yard. Then I saw that he was still on the porch, but there was another flying from tree to tree he was answering.

I put an empty cage out on the well house, put him in his sleeping cage, and she came right down and hopped in.

And they lived happily ever after.

So it's not an impossible task to recover a bird. Had I had this resource, I might have located its home.


No comments: