Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

MENOMONEE COUNTY, MICHIGAN - WHAT IS THAT CRACK IN THE EARTH?

http://www.ehextra.com/main.asp?SectionID=12&SubSectionID=35&ArticleID=8713

Looks like a faultline to me!

Reminds me of an Amazon Shorts (now defunct) short story I wrote called "The Strange Adventure of Vernal Page"...It starts (remember - this is copyrighted material and you may NOT publish or use any part of it without my express release and permission):

I was brushing my granddaughter’s hair on the porch steps when the earth gulped for air and swallowed old Vernie Page in mid-stride while he read the morning headlines. The roar was deafening as the dirt and sand buckled and the road disappeared in a woeful “O”. It shook the houses and rattled the windows. It felt like the California earthquake in 1971.

That's scary, Michigan. Let me know what it turns out to be. Old Vernie Page had a tough time getting out of a tight place in that sinkhole. In your case, pardon me, but the earth cracked a smile. A really long smile.

Watch the dogs and kidlets don't fall in and get swallowed up, too.

No comments: