Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

RED ALERT FOR PARENTS: NONSTICK COOKWARE CHEMICAL CAUSES ADHD IN CHILDREN

http://www.prisonplanet.com/nonstick-cookware-chemical-causes-adhd-in-children.html

You can bet this is going to my friends with children and grandchildren.

I hate this stuff. My friend's husband came into their kitchen with a teflon coated frying pan that was worn last year - asked if she minded if he ground off all the teflon so it wouldn't flake in their food.

She said, "Fine."

I have two or three of them, and the teflon is flaking and I will not use them. Give me my old stainless steel, 48 year-old Farberware that, with the exception of one loose handle that I have to keep after, I have used every day.

We know that these coated pans, if burned and smoking will kill caged birds, which I kept for years and would not use them, just in case.

This doesn't surprise me.

Cook in something inert. Like LaCreuset, cast iron or stainless steel. If you burn things, give them to the dogs. They won't mind.

And you won't have to worry about making you or your children sick.

No comments: