Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

MEET THE GREY MUZZLE ORGANIZATION


I didn't know they existed before today, and I found it searching for an old lost friend in Maine. Then I saw her name and that of Abby, a rescue she adopted, and looked at the picture of Abby. So my search for her is half done. Poor little Abby. Barbara was thrilled when she got her. Barbara was the prime reason I still have my Buffy, a little blond waif waiting to die in a high-kill Los Angeles shelter, years ago. She pulled Buffy, had her spayed (the rules), waited until she
recovered from that and shipped her to me by Delta Dash service. Buffy is completely blind now, still loves to be dirty and stinky, and as old as dirt, but she's still not ready to leave yet.

I hope you always consider adopting the older dog. They have so much to give you. If you are older, like me, take them in if you can. Their lifespan is limited, and they don't deserve the confusion and fear of the short shelter life that will probably lead to their deaths.

You may only have them for a little while, but that time will be precious to you both. See how Grannie Annie enriched my life. Just use the search bar above.

Meanwhile, I will post my stinky little Bufffy's photo (on a clean day, with Pinkus, who loved all the dogs who is gone now), and give her a badly needed bath.
http://www.greymuzzle.org/index.htm

No comments: