Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Spinning Wheel Directions

By FAR (are you paying attention to this in Mannassus?) the most popular entry on this blog, which I find tremendously interesting, are the do-it-yourself instructions for making a spinning wheel out of pvc.

I had NO idea that sheep were so popular (or Angora goats, your double coated dogs and cats and even Angora rabbits, or...). I am so curious about this that I would absolutely love to hear from you on what has sparked your interest in spinning (I am a spinner and I use an Ashford wheel that came in a kit my family made for me way back in the 70s). Sitting in a basket with mothballs is an incredibly long-stapled Rambouillet fleece that I have not gotten to in years - Florida seems just too hot to spin.

I look at the geography of these entries on my little map and you are all over the globe - in all countries, and I can imagine that the yarn is not only for knitting but for weaving. Please send me photos (I think you can do it by sending a comment), of your project and of course, let me know if it works as well as it was touted to be.

Here's a link to a business in Arizona who sells wheels, spinning supplies, etc. http://www.grandmasspinningwheel.com/

Thanks so much.

Me

No comments: