Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

DIY anti-age spot cream

Hot off one of my homesteading list comes this. Can't hurt! Non-invasive.

I lived in the desert for many years and drove a truck without air conditioning (yes - believe it or not). As a result from the desert to Florida, I drove with my left window open, so I have more age or sun damage to my left side than the right. You know, sun shining on my face and on my arm, hung out the window.

Last summer, a faint brown spot appeared by the corner of my left eye. It got bigger and is sliding like a mud spot down my face. It is annoying and unsightly, so I need to fade it. Then I saw this. I think I'll try it. Like I said, can't hurt.


Anti-Age Spot Cream

This recipe is for us older people that are starting to develop age spots, or for people that just like to have their skin to be soft. This recipe is similar to our Honey Skin Cream, only it is geared more towards helping to keep our skin new and aiding blood flow to make our skin more healthy.
Enough talking- here’s the recipe.

Equipment needed
See “Soothing Honey Skin Cream” Recipe for equipment needed

Ingredients
1. 1/4 cup Dandelion (dried leaves and roots) very nourishing, neutralizes uric acid
2. 1/4 cup ginseng (dried root) stimulates red blood cells
3. 1/4 cup Sarsaparilla (dried root) very cleansing
4. 1/4 cup Chaparral (dried leaves and stems) absorbs and cleanses tissue walls
5. 1/4 cup Prickly Ash (dried bark) aids circulation and helps heal skin tissue
6. 1/2 cup Vitamin E Oil – Substitute this oil in lieu of wheat germ oil
7. 1/4 cup lanolin – you should be able to find at Walmart or your local pharmacy or at you local health food store.
Directions:
Combine herbs in clean bowl, pot or cup. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over herbs. Let steep for 10 minutes. Strain through tea strainer, collecting liquid in clean bowl. Allow to cool and discard herbs. Melt beeswax and lanolin in heatproof glass set in simmering water. (Have a pan of water on the stove and set the glass holding the beeswax and lanolin into the simmering water. Don’t pour it in, this is a poor man’s double boiler). Add wheat germ to the beeswax and lanolin and stir. Add herbal infusion by teaspoonful and stir until well blended. Remove the glass from the water. Add honey to the cream and carefully stir until well blended. Let cream cool completely.
Stir cream thoroughly and transfer it to a clean container with tight fitting lids. (Baby food jars work well). This mixture will last up to 3 months.

No comments: