Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I AM REALLY DISTURBED AT THE NOXIOUS, LETHAL MINDSET THAT HAS OVERTAKEN CAPITOL HILL AND THE WHITE HOUSE


Above on the masthead to this blog is a beautiful photo, one of my all time favorites, taken in Montana a few years ago. I treasure this photo. It evokes freedom, liberty in me. Why? It not only reminds me of being totally happy that day, the breeze was blowing, the air was clean, crisp. It is joyful.

These little butterflies are called skippers. I don't know the variety, but they are nectaring in a thistle; a wildflower. They will spend their brief lives being skippers - nectaring, avoiding by their quick movements and flight, predators. They don't know about governments or responsibilities or bad guys, good and evil, they are just skippers, living lives in a beautiful place that supports their hunger, gives them the knowledge to seek brightly- colored flowers, gives them the urge to procreate and find mates, and the proper plant on which to lay their eggs so that the next generation, in their DNA will have the tools to survive.

That wildflower blooms when conditions are right. They are blooming along the roadsides here, but not in Montana, where it is still too chilly. It was awakened, grew as tall as it could and presented blossoms protected by thorns. And it feeds this little butterfly with the big eyes, so that they will do it the favor of pollination and life after the winter.

All things are connected. We (all things), can live without being restrained, and do it quite well.
Butterflies and thistles are unfettered. They are free. Life is simple. Their habitat unsullied by the filth and the rules that have been forced on us by evil men and women who would be kings or emperors, demigods, tyrants. Just the thing that we fought a revolution for, and won.

We don't remember what true freedom, self-reliance, liberty of the soul, true equality, individual responsibility to be good or bad, to be rewarded by the effort we put into living
lives without rules and surveillance is anymore.

We live in toxic times.

So I propose the photo I've included here to post on the masthead in a day or two. It was taken on Staten Island six or so years ago. I was horrified and heartbroken at what I saw in my old neighborhood. It was a prime example of urban decay. The day I took this photo, it was sprinkling rain, and I was on my way to the home my grandfather Lattanzio bought for his brood of nine. My cousins still live there. In my childhood, I could walk there without fear, alone, as soon as I could be trusted to look for traffic both ways and use a crosswalk. I was cautioned by an old school friend with a business on a corner, not to dare walk up the street to the right. It was too dangerous. But if I chose to walk to Grandma's house two or three blocks away, I should be all right. We live in dangerous times, more evil and decadent than we think. I remember passing this (I think it was the fence to a used car lot), stopping and looking up. This was the symbol of my visit there.

For us - the formerly free citizens (probably called civilians or units, now) of the United States, have been forced into compliance by the signature of a man we know to be a fraud. How absolutely shameful of us.

How easy it was.

This photo is so much more appropos today, and isn't that heartbreakingly sad?

No comments: