Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

DESPERATE FOR HELP FROM MY READERS - AND THE BATTLE OF THE FLEAS IS ON!

Last year was bad for fleas. Unfortunately, even with tiled floors, this year is starting to be exponentially worse.

Nine dogs, two cats. All are inside/outside pets. I am vacuuming and bathing. I am washing bedding.

All of the spot-ons seem to have lost their efficacy. Frontline and Advantage products are not working and friends are saying the same thing. There is a pill that knocks them down for 24 hours, but they come right back.. I can't and won't spray an entire acre with insecticide, because I have a well. Besides, that's not feasible. I plan to bomb the house (not literally - with an insecticide) this week.

I have three four dense-coated dogs. One's Bernie - a little Shih-tzu mix, another is a Lhasa/Cocker cross with about seven undercoats if she has one, a German Shepherd who is an angel in the bathtub, and my Holly, who is an Australian Shepherd. She is the most miserable.

I don't know what to do. I get all sorts of catalogs, got flea shampoos, contact sprays with growth inhibitors.

NOTHING IS WORKING.

If you have a secret weapon for fleas, please send them to me. I will post them.


No comments: