Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

SUSHI LOVERS! BEWARE THE TUNA~

My longtime friend, Elaine and I are tuna nuts. Or rather, nuts for tuna.

For at least four years in high school, we ate tuna sandwiches. Her mother made it differently than mine, but it didn't matter. We both loved it. We ate it every day. Probably seven days a week for her but not for me. It was, however, the perfect school lunch.

In Oregon I learned to can my own from beautiful, firm-fleshed silvery blue tuna, and there were never enough jars to last us any time, because by then, my son was a tuna addict.

It is so sad that they are tainted with mercury.

I just had a couple of pieces of sushi (I thought I would hate it - but what I really hate are sushi jellyfish....BLECHHHH!) It's so good. But I may not eat it anymore.

Read this article and decide for yourselves.

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/headline_health/tuna_sushi_mercury/2010/04/22/314663.html?s=al&promo_code=9CB2-1

No comments: