Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Love fur? Then watch this.

I've watched videos and television presentations on puppy mills, wholesale euthanasia at our animal control facilities, stallion fighting, bullfighting, bile bears, Korean dogs and cats strangled by barbed wire before killing them cruelly to insure tenderness on the plate, dog fighting videos, those of downed cows, but never so heart wrenching a video as this. I do not belong to PETA, but I get the newsletter. There are many campaigns and petitions I've supported.

This is why I will never go to Asia. Whether it's human or animal rights and welfare, Asia is on the bottom of the list. And this video is also part of why I will not purchase Chinese products if I can possibly avoid it.

Do NOT let your children watch this video unless they nearly adults and can handle it. It is violent and unspeakably cruel. But it's important, if you are an animal lover or a "fashionista", that you watch it.

I embedded it yesterday. It was so horribly graphic and disturbing I took it out today. So really do some soul searching before you click. It is called, "Skinned Alive". The video was taken by an undercover PETA photographer.

">http://www.peta.org/feat/chineseFurFarms/index.asp">


This is on the fur trade in China. Please don't purchase fur in any form. When you see this, you will understand. If we, not only as Americans, but as people, don't supply a market for fur, then cruelty like this will not exist anywhere. The countries in Asia have a notoriously dismal reputation in dealing with animal body parts for traditional medicine and the illegal killing of animals and trade of such parts to other countries. I cannot believe our country has given so willingly of our resources, our jobs, our technology to a Communist country run by a military regime which employs prison and forced labor.

I'm not sure that I can ever view this entry again. I will be haunted by the last scene. It left me with the same feelings evoked when I forced myself to watch a video of a beheading of an American in Iraq by Muslim extremists. It's not for the faint of heart.


Digg!

2 comments:

Todd said...

I am not going to watch the video. I just know need those images in my head :-(

Todd said...

I meant to write 'don't need those images in my head. But you knew that. *grin*