Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dog behavior - separation anxiety


Eric LeTendre has an interesting blog to which I subscribe. He's got a lot of videos on Youtube. He is a dog trainer, and when this particular entry came in today it touched a cord. I'm dealing with separation anxiety with Maya, my new German Shepherd but not as bad as Eric's subject of the day - the Border Collie.

Maya just knows how to open doors, even the locked back door, and let all the dogs out. Then Buffy and she push open the gate at the bottom and run the immediate neighborhood.
But in the immediate neighborhood as you know, there's the creek - the water and alligators. Alligators love dogs, and on the next block, one came up into the yard, pulled the dog off his chain and took him away. A few of mine wouldn't even make a "morsel".

I've been putting Holly and Maya in the big kennel in the backyard when I leave, but that's not fair, especially when it rains because Holly's afraid of thunder.

Now I'm going to read more - maybe you'll like Eric's site, too.

http://ultimatedogblog.com/


Digg!

No comments: