Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2008

An Aesop's fable for you...

If this fable annoys you, it's only your collar chaffing - it will pass...as you get used to it.

THE WOLF, THE DOG AND THE COLLAR
A lean and hungry wolf came across a fat dog lazing in a yard. Surprised, the wolf asked the dog, "Where can I find enough food to make me fat like you?"

'A man gives me all the food I could ever eat,' the dog replied.

The wolf then asked him, "And what's that thing on your neck?"

The dog replied, "Ah, that. Well, the man makes me wear this heavy iron collar. I've gotten so used to it that I sometimes forget that it's even there.'

The wolf then jeered at the dog and said, 'If the price of eating every day is to wear a collar and chain, I would rather starve!'

- adapted from Aesop's fable

No comments: