Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2008

What the internet does for me...


As I write this, I am listening to Peo Kindgren who is a classical guitarist from
Sweden, living in Denmark playing "Cavatina". I just listened to his version of "Romance".
Before that, Maria Linnemann, and some of Keituji's new videos on YouTube.com. I confess that I am a YouTube junkie. I love music, and my taste is eclectic - from the bossa novas of Brazil (please meet Marcelo and Sinval Fonseca, who is also a fine artist) and all kinds of jazz ( listen to Bruno Marrazza, here) to Fred and Ginger, to bellydancing, and dogs like Skidboot. Because you can leave comments and return again and again to see what's new, you begin to get to know these artists (and other brave souls) who put their hearts into their hobbies and creative passions. And the same with photographers like my friend, Dwain Shaw and Randy Emmitt - people with the same interests as mine. The world is a big place, as no one needs reminding, but my ever-expanding circle of friends and knowledge, reaches out across a whole planet, to places I never thought of visiting, much less communicating with anyone, sharing our like minds, appreciation and respect for each other's talents.

The internet must remain unregulated and free for all people and all time.

No comments: