Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Amazon Shorts, I'm pleased to say...


has two of my stories up. "Paradise" and "The Last Striper".

Amazon Shorts are 49 cent downloads arrive in PDF format or in plain text in your email.

Both haven't received their covers yet, since I requested a friend's Red-tail Hawk images to be used for "Paradise", and an old snapshot of my father, the striped bass and Uncle John to be used for "The Last Striper".

If you download them and are pleased, I would appreciate a short review (or a long one). There are three more in process and many more to come from me.

On February 7, another Short was published. This one is pure Southern fiction (from a Yankee?). I had my friend's large, wild family to draw from in "The Strange Adventure of Vernal Page". About an old Florida Cracker and his neighbors. It's a fun read, and I enjoyed
thinking of Jean and her brothers and sisters, her little bitty Blackfoot grandmother, who whipped them with switches from a nearby tree if they got out of hand. Jean's a wonderful storyteller, and when she gets started, you can't stop laughing. By the way, she was a Page.
And I would expect Vernie Page to be as resourceful as her family.



Digg!