Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

THE CAT IN THE HAT(BOX) WISHES YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS, TOO!

I was wondering what I had that was a little different to post up there on the masthead for Christmas, as I wrapped the last of the gifts for the grandchildren last night.

And then I looked across the dining room table, and there it was. Dottie had found a hatbox
I bought for a haul of Legos for my grandson. The bigger pieces didn't fit, so I forgot about it.

But Dottie, who is a very round lady, wearing her lush winter coat, claimed it for her own,
folded herself up, tucked herself in, and soon was fast asleep.

Instead of plain old sugarplums dancing in her head, I'm sure there are mouse-stuffed sugarplums on the menu, and one lizard, slower than the rest to finally catch.

Whatever your dreams, your wishes and your prayers this Christmas, we on Sleepy Creek hope they all come true.


No comments: