Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Life in the Duchy of Cornwall

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/photo-gallery-duchy-cornwall/cornwall-coastline.html

I get the National Geographic newsletters, and I had a boss whose family came from Cornwall.
This caught my eye. But upon reading the captions, I am surprised that these families are all tenants, supporting royalty.

The family farm is failing. Just like in the USA. The taxes go to the "king" or the "state".

I read in Popular Science today of huge towers in which crops will be grown because we have let science and government have their way. It is obscene. Back to basics. Old ways. Heirloom seeds and heirloom livestock. Go green with those.

I do not want to plant seeds genetically tweaked. If I want to, I want to drink raw milk. Don't put RFID chips in my livestock. It's none of government's business.

I do not want government looking over my shoulders at every aspect of my life.

Do you?

No comments: