Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Off the grid living...and how to cook a snake...

I walk out of the room. I come back in. I'm looking at this blog, Possum Living on how to cook a snake.

It's about off-grid living, something I aspire to, but doubt I can.

You might enjoy it, so I'm passing it on.

http://www.possumliving.com/2008/07/snake-recipe.html

PS: I cooked a snake once. ONCE. Someone brought us a dead rattlesnake (fresh killed), so it got skinned, the rattle went to a silversmith (I still have it), and it ended up in my frying pan.
It was also gutted and washed and I believe I made a necklace of the vertebrae.

Since there is no fat on a snake, I fried it with butter and bacon and spices. It filled the kitchen with a putrid odor. It did NOT taste like chicken. It was horrible. The dogs and cats wouldn't eat it.

Maybe this one works.

It would keep you alive if you needed it. But...yikes! That was awful.
http://www.possumliving.com/2008/07/snake-recipe.html

1 comment:

Todd said...

Thanks for the heads up. Don't think I'll ever eat snake unless it's a do or die situation.