Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

The images of Liz Bickel on Pbase...

I don't know her, but I'm on the list that comes in daily from Pbase.com. She is a remarkable photographer (with lots of lenses), and I happened on her Yellowstone National Park album this morning through a comment. And then I saw the close up of the raven. The link to all her albums is here: http://www.pbase.com/britestar

I left a comment for her.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Administrator/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/Google%20(2).URL
I am passionate about ravens. I have had four or five in my life while I was doing wildlife rehabilitation (under Alice's license) in the Antelope Valley of CA. I wrote of them in my book, "Waltz on the Wild Side - An Animal Lover's Journal". Orville stayed the longest. Strangely, in this most important time of my life, I took few photos. I have one that I will have to dig out and put up here of him sitting on my shoulder poking his beak into my ear as I was steering a houseboat on the Sacramento delta. He learned to fly on that trip.

If you are interested in ravens and crows, you might be interested in subscribing free to the "Corvid Chronicles" which you can find here. http://www.ascaronline.org/
ASCAR is the home roost of the American Society for Crows and Ravens, and the newsletter will come a few times a year in the mail to your home.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Liz has some pretty photos :-)