Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

SO I WENT INTO WALMART TO BUY SUDAFED BECAUSE I THINK I HAVE A MAJOR SINUS PROBLEM THAT MAKES ME GO DEAF -

Profoundly deaf.
Can't use the phone.
Can't hear the radio.
Can't engage in conversation.

This sucks. But what sucks worse is what happened.

I knew that there would be difficulty purchasing this absolutely legal over-the-counter drug because it contains a decongestant used in making crack.

I go to the pharmacy. The clerk looks shocked. I can barely hear her. She asks for my ID. Hey - I've got gray hair, lines on my face, been walking all over the store, didn't take my legal multivitamin or my flaxseed capsule or my low dose aspirin this morning and ran out of tea so I didn't even have that - give me a break! I'm 68!

No break.

Then she says I have to sign something. Up comes a screen in a formerly black monitor asking for my acceptance. The alternative is "CANCEL". I have a friend who said this would help. What the hell. So I read it. And I signed it, though I couldn't believe my eyes. I will NOT do this again. I will shove Vicks up my nose, use a heating pad, my neti pot - but this is too, too much.

I leave, and then I get really pissed off. It's a legal OTC drug! So I go back, stand in line, get the same clerk. I told her I want a copy of what I signed. She is shocked into silence (I think). Goes and brings a pharmacist over. He is aghast, but not as aghast as the other one behind the other counter. They can't give me a copy without my buying another product with the same ingredient. I told them I wasn't going to leave without a copy or a photo. So the clerk pulled out (with approval) her ID, took about five minutes to bring up the little screen and if you click on the photo above, you can read what I signed. I am going to call my Representative and my Senators in the morning.

I am having trouble uploading the photo, so I will type it out and add it here:

OTIFICATION

WARNING: Section 1001 of Title 18, United States Code, states that whoever, with respect to the logbook, knowingly and willfully falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact, or makes any materially false, fictitious, fraudulent statement or representation, or makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry, shall be fined not more than $250,000 if an individual or $500,000 if an organization, imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

ACCEPT CANCEL



The United States Code should not contain such a non-specific agreement or contract for something that is legal. I won't make this mistake again. Who the hell is writing this crap? And at what expense?

And frankly, if crackheads want to use or make drugs - let them. Who cares? It's their decision. Personal responsibility. They hurt someone? Get caught selling crack or whatever they make from this stuff, then they pay. But not the citizen who does nothing wrong. Oops - I mean "civilian internee".

Are you getting tired of this yet? I am.

No comments: