Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

HERE'S AN OFFBEAT STORY ABOUT A LADY WRANGER UP NEAR GLACIER PARK IN MONTANA, HER HORSE, A BOY AND A GRIZZLY


http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2011/09/montana-outfitter-horseback-saves-boy-grizzly-charge

Because I love Montana, I thought I'd share this with you.

The tree in the picture is where a big bear barked it. It was higher than I am tall. They scrape the bark for insects and to hone their nails. I guess if the sap ran sweet, they'd lick that up, too.

Be careful in bear country; talk, sing, make noise. Stay on the trails and if you can't see over the berry bushes, beware. And if you're hiking, don't take sardine sandwiches with you. Nothing "smelly". And never, ever be off your guard. Count on the unpredictability of this animals.
There are volumes written about being safe in bear country.

Read them.

No comments: