Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

DROWNING ALMOST NEVER LOOKS LIKE DROWNING - A WATER SAFETY TIP YOU PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF

http://gcaptain.com/drowning?10981

The "other" grandma in the family and I took the kids to a Saturday marketplace last week. It's held at a marina. I brought the bread to feed seagulls (turned out the fish liked it better), and as our grandson hung over the railing, she had her hand white-knuckled around a big piece of his shirt.

Linda doesn't swim. She's afraid of the water.

I told her I would hold on to him and go in with him if he fell. He's watersafe enough to bob up to the surface. There were plenty of people there, lots of boats and the pilings had cables around them he could climb on.

I really don't think that was much comfort. I know she liked it and you will, too.

This is an excellent article. I watched my son take his PADI rescue diver's course and get certificated. But I don't remember being told this.

Great information. If you swim, if you're afraid of the water, if you have a boat, if you're a diver, or just someone who likes the water, please read this article.

No comments: