Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

EYEGLASSES: YOU NEED THEM, I NEED THEM - WE'RE ALL GOING TO NEED THEM. BUT LET'S NOT BUY THEM RETAIL

http://www.alternet.org/story/148024/wow_--_the_eyewear_industry_is_an_incredible_ripoff%2C_but_there_are_alternatives

The glasses I'm wearing now are wonderful. My prescription calls for trifocals, I prefer no lines.
I prefer titanium frames well, mostly because I'm a klutz. I need sunglasses - so I got the light plastic lenses which change according to the light.

I'm happy.

I paid a fraction of the cost at 39dollarglasses.com.

I bought my frames for about $10.00 on ebay. I guess they're discontinued models. They are just the nose bridge and earpieces.

You can also browse your optometrist's discontinued frames which are usually greatly reduced.

If you try some on in a store that you really like, take the information off the earpieces, so that you will have model, color, and then perhaps have the tech measure them for you. Write that information down. Try to find them on ebay.

Then order yours.

Isn't it strange that something so necessary - guaranteed you will need them someday - aren't covered by a lot of insurances, and who knows what Obamacare will mean to us.

Just thought you'd like to know.


No comments: