Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

WANT TO ADOPT A BIRD? A HOOKBILL, A DOVE, SOME FINCHES?

eI love exotic birds. One of my great loves was my Moluccan cockatoo, Muriko, who died in my arms. Muriko, whom I rescued from a cold, damp outside aviary with no shelter in Empire, OR. At that time, the owners thought she was about 50 years old.

Whatever her age, Muriko was a sweet, gentle and affectionate companion for 25 years, and I am instantly drawn to cockatoos of any kind. I've also had Amazons, conures, and even canaries, but there's nothing like the cockatoos, at least, to me.

Today I was thinking of her and I looked up bird rescues. To buy one from a pet shop or a breeder is an expensive venture. But this rescue has some lovely birds and their adoption fees are reasonable.

I thought I'd post this because I really miss my big, pink girl. There are many, many rescues. Look for a parrot/hookbill or whatever species you're interested in a search on your favorite search engine. Today, I used Google.

http://floridaparrotrescue.com/index_files/BirdsForAdoption1.htm

No comments: