Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

MY BACKYARD ARMADILLO HUNT - 4 PM TODAY!

I had the best time following this little guy around, crawling around the wellhouse and trying to get a good photo. I 'm no videographer, but if you don't get dizzy, you'll see him (or her). I reached out and touched it a few times. Feels like supple, thick leather. I was at times, nose-to-nose and it wasn't frightened. Very poor eyesight. I did not speak and I was careful not to make noise. This armadillo has been around in the yard for over a year, I think. It leaves snuffle signs. At one point, it uncovered a millipede, but they exude foul smelling fluid from their sides, and it dropped it.

I am absolutely thrilled! I think next time I see it foraging, I will take it into the forest up by the springs where it will be safe from traffic.

Their eyes are so bad - no wonder they end up dead on the road.

No comments: