Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

IF YOU SEE A LABEL ON SEAFOOD SAYING IT'S SAFE, MAYBE YOU SHOULD BUY A STEAK

http://dancingczars.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/10464/#more-10464

You know I live on the Gulf. The oil gushes, even as I write this, and it is contaminating seafood.
As much as l love my oysters, I may not ever eat another. There may not be a time when they are safe ever again. Scalloping season was opened early this year for scallopers - I wouldn't go (I won't touch scallops anymore. When you hunt them, their beautiful, multiple eyes see you and they clap away to escape. That says they have intelligence.)

I love to go crabbing. I grew up crabbing for blue crabs in New York. There aren't many left here, and because of the oil that's not visible, I wouldn't think it wise to eat them either.

This is bad for our fisherman, our oysterman, our shrimpers. But eating seafood from the orient is as dangerous. Heavy metals and the fact that they are fed detritis (sewage) are the reasons why.

Don't believe me. Go find a search engine and start your own research.

No comments: