Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rep. John Fleming - vote in the poll

http://fleming.house.gov/index.html

Rep. John Fleming is putting forth a resolution to force members of Congress to adopt Obamacare and give up their platinum plated coverage. Another link(s) will follow with the health care plan they have that we can't. Please vote in the poll. Representatives are paid with taxpayer money, and enjoy their benefits at our pleasure. We are displeased!

Take a stand.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/health-care-for-members-of-congress/

Ironically, the most important voice in the health care debate is a person who doesn't have to worry about choosing a health insurance plan. As president, Barack Obama has access to free, ever present, state-of-the-art health care. It's provided by the White House Medical Unit, which is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of the president, the vice president and their families.

Operated through the U.S. military, the White House Medical Unit is also responsible for the health of the 1.5 million visitors who stream through the White House each year.

Obama acknowledged his position during a July 22 news conference, when asked if would be comfortable being covered by a government-run health care plan.

"You know, I would be happy to abide by the same benefit package," he said. "I will just be honest with you -- I'm the President of the United States so I've got a doctor following me every minute. Which is why I say this is not about me. I've got the best health care in the world. I'm trying to make sure that everybody has good health care -- and they don't right now."
Charles Pope:OregonianDC@gmail.com





Bookmark and Share

No comments: