Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2009

http://daily-survival.blogspot.com/2009/03/edible-container-gardening.html

I'm not a very good gardener, and I have poor, sandy soil here. What people with successful gardens do here is get a load of mushroom compost - cow manure that often is steaming, in which mushrooms have been grown.

Well, I have a large space that's overgrown with blackberries, goldenrod, Spanish needles,
pokeweed, and ground cover right now that is made of up some unknown green plants, wild geranium (cranesbill), and the dreaded popcorn trees.

So I'm wondering if this type of container gardening should replace my efforts with the machete.

And I'm thinking not plastic - but cardboard boxes - maybe the waxed cartons that eggs are packed in. I can always burn them or let them degrade, or open them up and leave them spread over the winter so the blackberries won't grow.

I'm interested in what you think.

No comments: