Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2009

DO YOU KNOW NANCY DREHER?

When I was a sweet young thing and living in NYC, working at CBS, Inc. on 52nd Street, back in the mid-60s, I worked with Nancy. We were very good friends until she married Bruce Tiedermann. I think that's the right spelling. They were married in a little chapel off the main sanctuary in St. Patrick's Cathedral. It was spring. They took up residence, I think, in Toms River, NJ.

Nancy was from Rochester, NY and had a brother. Her father's name was Francis. Middle initial, "x" I think. When she worked in the city, she was living with her grandmother in NJ - maybe Bayonne. Maybe Hoboken. I don't remember.

No matter where I am, I always pick up the phone book looking for her. Frankly, I doubt the marriage lasted. But if you knew Nancy, sweet of face, you couldn't help but notice her hair. Strawberry blond and so long it was nearly down to her knees. Truly, her crowning glory.

The day before she married, it took her hairdresser many hours with the help of a ladder to curl and anchor it in place.

We worked together in the Marketing Department, and then she moved downstairs (in the CBS building) to Columbia Records. I worked in Corporate for the late Bennett Newman and then he and I went on to Cinema Center Films. I went to California in 1969.

If you know my friend Nancy, please let her know I'm looking for her still.

No comments: