Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm FMAO!


What happened to SPRING? The wind is blowing, an osprey or bald eagle is hunkered down in an old nest in a cypress snag across the water, the creek has receded and look pretty normal - though the watermarks are still visible. The ground is still damp and holding water in some places. The ponds are full, thank goodness, but it's cold out this morning. I set my tender plants out two days ago in warm sunshine. I wanted to take a paddle and check out the new dam or lodge the beavers had begun up the creek. But it's too darned cold. (Like ROFL, do you know what FMAO means?)

Redbuds tell me the other side of the story. The photo here was taken minutes ago in the wind.
They know so much more than we arrogant humans!

I'll put together a little slideshow to show you the "flood". No flooding here. I believe I am at the dizzying elevation of 14'. No wonder I get lightheaded on a stepladder. I've lived the life of a flatlander too long.

2 comments:

Todd said...

I wish I knew where Spring went, but it's too cold here in MO too. Pretty picture.

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Oh, how I love your photography, May. And your writing. Such a talented woman. And thank you for your support. How I love it when people read my books. (-:

Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
www.howtodoitfrugally.com